Cardigan Bay is a stunning part of Wales, with some of the most beautiful coastlines in the UK. The beaches of Cardigan Bay are well known for their clean and clear waters, thriving wildlife and stunning coastal scenery. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful spot to relax or an exciting adventure, the beaches of Cardigan Bay have something for everyone.
Exploring the Beaches of Cardigan Bay
Cardigan Bay is home to many beaches, each with its own unique character. From wild, sandy beaches to sheltered coves, there’s something for everyone. So here are our picks for the best beaches in Cardigan Bay:
- Aberystwyth: This beach is one of the most popular in Cardigan Bay and with good reason. Aberystwyth is a prime location for swimming, surfing or simply enjoying your time at a scenic beach. It’s a bit further out than a few of the other beaches around New Quay, but it’s a pristine beach with soft sand and breathtaking views.
- Penbryn: This beach is perfect for families, as it’s sheltered and the water is shallow. There are also plenty of rockpools to explore. Spanning around a mile in length, this is the perfect spot for a beach walk.
- New Quay: There are three different beaches around New Quay and they all offer a fantastic day out. Whether you choose Harbour Beach, Traeth Gwyn or Traeth y Dolau, you’ll be able to enjoy long walks along these beautiful sandy beaches.
- Cei Bach: Also known as Little Quay, Cei Bach is an idyllic beach that’s around a mile and a half to the west of New Quay. It’s renowned for its beach views and is the perfect destination to catch a gorgeous sunset. There’s also plenty of wildlife to see here, from red kites to dolphins in the water.
Things to Do at the Beaches of Cardigan Bay
There are plenty of activities to enjoy at the beaches of Cardigan Bay. Here are some of the things we suggest you should try while visiting the beaches of Cardigan Bay:
- Wildlife Watching: Cardigan Bay is home to a variety of wildlife, including dolphins, porpoises, and seals. You can spot them from the beach or take a boat trip to get a closer look.
- Snorkelling: The clear waters of Cardigan Bay make snorkelling a great activity. You can explore the underwater world and get up close to the local wildlife.
- Beach walks: As we’ve touched on already, many of the beaches found in Cardigan Bay offer long stretches of coastline, making it perfect for beach walks.
- Fishing: There are plenty of great spots for fishing in Cardigan Bay. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned angler, you’ll find plenty of fish to catch.
Cardigan Bay is home to some of the best beaches in the UK. From wild, sandy beaches to sheltered coves, there’s something for everyone. You can explore the coastline by walking, snorkelling, fishing, or wildlife watching. So, whether you’re looking for a peaceful spot to relax or an exciting adventure, the beaches of Cardigan Bay have something for everyone.
If you’re wanting to experience the marine wildlife around Cardigan Bay, there’s no better way than a boat charter to take you out to sea. To learn more, or book your trip, contact our team at Seamor today.